Friday, March 23, 2012

Joshua 1:5
No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.
(6) “Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them.


What a promise from God!  Wow.  Think about that for a second...  "No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life."  No one.  Those are big words.  Nothing can come up against you!  It doesn't matter what you face, when you are walking in the purposes of God for your life, nothing can stand in your way.

Now, I know that the above phrase can cast a bit of doubt in people's hearts, and cause them to ask "how do I know I am walking in the purposes of God?"  Well, my answer to that is simple...  Jesus said to us in Matthew 6 that if we "seek first His Kingdom and His Righteousness all these things will be added unto us."  I have a very basic rule of thumb in life, I ensure God is first in my life.  His Kingdom always comes first.  And I follow my heart after that.  He's in me, and I trust the decisions I make to be His when He is first!

Now, that's another topic altogether, but let me also just say, when you have a revelation that you are deeply Loved by the Creator of the Universe and are His Beloved Child, it is easy to make Him first.  And when He is first, you will walk in His purposes easier than you think!  And when walking in His purposes, nothing can stand up against you.

You may have pressures and difficulties, like Paul and Silas did in prison, you may face retrenchment or sickness, whatever the trial may be.  But God's Word is clear, it will not stand up against you.  It may intimidate, it may get in your way, but it cannot stand against you.  Eventually, it must and will be removed!

Your God will never leave you nor forsake you, He is with you always.  No matter what it is that you are facing right now, or have to face in the future, know that it cannot be victorious, and won't be victorious.  You may find yourself swimming out in the open seas after a shipwreck or stuck in jail like Paul was, or in a Lion's Den like Daniel, or being pursued by an enemy (Saul) like David...  But if you find the courage from this Message that your God will never leave you nor forsake you, and that it won't end this way, and you don't give up...  like them, you too will see victory!


Thought for the weekend:  Too many battles have been abandoned because the child of God didn't realise that the victory would be theirs if they didn't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment